- Download all of the plays for a game in seconds.
- Sort the plays by formation, pass/run, yards to first down, etc
- Easily see an opponent's tendencies
Donate to yatzr:
Donate With Venmo
Note that I no longer use paypal. I apologize for the inconvenience. Venmo is a great alternative, but if it causes a problem for you, email me or site message me on WIS and we'll figure something out.
NOTE: Some browsers will change this file to a .zip when you download it. If that happens, make sure to change it back to .jar
Here's how to use it:
It's a .jar file because I don't know how to make it a .exe and I'm too lazy to figure out how. You need a java runtime environment to run it. You probably already have one, but if not, get the latest JRE here
Once you have a java runtime environment, you should be able to just double click the .jar file. If that doesn't work, right click and do "open with" and choose java.
Once you have it open, you can enter a game id in the game id field and hit GO. Alternatively, you can enter a team id in the team id field and hit "Get Game IDs". This will populate that dropdown with all the game ids for games that teams has already played this season. Selecting one from the dropdown will populate the game id field (you still have to hit GO).
Once you have a game pulled up, you can switch between the two teams. You can also sort the columns. I typically sort by type (run/pass) and then offense formation. The team shown is the offense. Here's a quick rundown of the columns that aren't obvious:
YdLn: the number of yards to the endzone. It would be too much of a pain to say "my 20", so instead it says 80.
Scr: the score difference. When it's negative, that team is losing.
- Fix for some ssl change on the site. I could only get it to work by not using the https url, which is okay for this tool as it only accesses the public pages and doesn't use your user/password.
- Fix for SportsHub update.
- Fix for WIS requests after google analytics addition.
- Updated for new lines in the extended pbp. Now if it says the defense gets the first step or is starting to break through, then the Prsr is a 1. If it says the defense broke through, it's a 2.
- Updated to make use of the extended play by play. Here's a breakdown of the column changes:
- O.T - Offense type. Will either be "Ps" for pass or "Rn" for run.
- D.T - Defense type. Will be "Rn" for run, "PsS" for pass short, "PsM" for pass medium, or "PsL" for pass long
- OPM - Offensive Play Maker. Will be whoever the ball was thrown to or whoever rushed the ball.
- RD - Run direction. "I" for inside, "O" for outside
- PS - Pass Status. "C" for completion, "BdT" for bad throw, "Drp" for dropped pass, "KnD" for knocked down, "Int" for interception
- PD - Pass distance. "v" for very short, "S" for short, "M" for medium", "L" for long, "D" for deep
- Cvrg - The defense positions that were covering whoever the ball was thrown to
- Cvr - How well was the receiver covered - "O" for wide open, "C" for covered, "WC" for well-covered, blank for no mention.
- Prsr - how much pressure was on the QB at the end of the play. 0 - none, 1 - pressure, 2 - heavy pressure
- RO - did the QB roll out of the pocket? "RO" for yes, blank for no.
- Scr - did the QB scramble? "Scr" for yes, blank for no.
- Sck - did the QB get sacked? "Sck" for yes, blank for no.
- DPM - Defensive Play Maker. The guy that made the tackle, knocked down the pass, or made the interception.
- Blz - The defensive guy that blitzed, if any
- Updated OPM and DPM columns to use position names from play lineup.
- Updated to work with GD 3.0
- Added five new columns.
- D - Direction the play went. L=left, M=middle, R=right
- PS - Pass Status. Com=complete,Inc=Incomplete,Drp=Dropped,OOB=Throw out of bounds,Scr=Scramble,Sac=Sacked
- PD - Pass Distance. S=short,M=medium,L=long/deep
- OPM - Offensive playmaker (i.e. the guy that ran the ball or the guy it was thrown to)
- DPM - Defensive playmaker (i.e. the guy in parenthesis)
- Added average formation IQ columns.
- Added individual formation IQs to the player stats.
- Updated the layout so that the program can be resized properly.
- Added the ability to put a team ID in the 'GO' field and get all games for that team.
- Added column to identify game. Useful for when looking at multiple games.
- Added player stats and fatigues. Mouse over the formation values to see them.
- Added mouseover for summary field to see full summary.
- Updated for new GD Play by Play.
- Fixed bug where teams with parentheses weren't showing up
- Fixed bug where 2nd half plays weren't grabbed correctly for exhibition games.
- Got rid of unnecessary library files to make the jar file smaller.
- Initial Version